These healthy lactation cookies are the best lactation cookie recipe! This recipe is sugar free, absolutely healthy, and delicious. This recipe for milk boosting cookies is your perfect new recipe for galactagogue cookies to shoot your milk supply through the roof!
What Are Healthy Lactation Cookies?
Lactation cookies are a quite common and super delicious way to naturally boost your milk supply! A lactation cookie is simply a delicious snack containing galactagogues to increase your milk supply. A galactagogue is an herb (or food) known to increase your breastmilk supply naturally.
What Makes These The Best Lactation Cookie Recipe?
There are many milk boosting cookie recipes around but this is my personal recipe.
You will not a find a healthier and more tasty milk boosting recipe out there!
These cookies are sugar and butter free! They are loaded with coconut oil, applesauce, stevia, and honey to still give you a sweet and satisfying boost in a healthy way! The first few weeks post partum are a healing period for your body. It is a nutrition and growing rich stage for your newborn. Healthy and satisfying eating is of the utmost importance right now!
Though you may crave sugar while breastfeeding, these cookies will provide the one two punch you need of more breastmilk AND the natural sugars and fats that your body craves right now.
We all know by now that white processed sugar is terrible for you. Fortunately there are tons of healthy alternatives on the market and I’ve included many to still give you a natural sweet fix.
So not only will these cookies help to boost your milk supply:
They will also help you shed the baby weight quickly!
Especially as a new mom we are all searching for how to boost our milk supplies naturally!
How can I boost milk supply with home remedies? I’ve got lots of tips, tricks, supplements, and treats that put my milk supply through the roof. There are lots of natural ways to boost your milk supply at home fast but lactation cookies are by far one of the tastiest.
With my first child my milk supply was super low. I was young, and didn’t surf the web much at all. All of the books I read about motherhood, parenting, and children didn’t give very actionable advice on how to boost the supply. I wish I knew then that healthy milk boosting cookies are the perfect way to boost your milk supply naturally.
**This post contains affiliate links to products I’ve used and love! Please read full disclosure here.**
Galactagogue = an herb used to increase milk supply
Your new favorite healthy galactagogue cookies are going to be so satisfying that you’ll have trouble not gobbling them all up! They contain flax meal, oats, AND Brewer’s yeast! 3 amazing ingredients touted for their milk boosting properties.
If you just don’t have the time or desire to make these cookies from scratch there are a few great options for ready-made lactation cookie mixes that you can order and have shipped right to your door!
These Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies really hit the spot and do give a bit of boost to your milk supply. Oatmeal and flax are wonderful natural galactagogues and are the main ingredients in this milk boosting mix. The cookies actually taste really good and are so easy to make!
They even come in Oatmeal Raisin! They aren’t quite as healthy as the wonderful recipe that I’ll be sharing with you today but they are tasty and still do the trick!
Now that you’re covered no matter the amount of time and energy you have I give you the recipe to:
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal: Healthy Lactation Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Quick Oats
- 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour (If you are gluten free I have tried substituting the wheat flour with oat flour and they turn out equally as delicious!)
- 1 tbsp. Brewer’s Yeast (optional galactagogue)
- 2 tbsp. Flax Meal
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 c. Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 tbsp. Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 c. Stevia in the Raw
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp. Raw Unfiltered Honey
- 1 oz. (4 pieces) Unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate
**Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes. Yields 12 milk boosting cookies.**
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and then mix together the dry ingredients: quick oats, flour, flax meal, brewer’s yeast, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium sized bowl.
2. Cream together the wet ingredients: applesauce, softened coconut oil (I recommend softening on the stove as the microwave may break down the healthy properties of the raw oil that you are paying more for!), egg, and honey with the stevia.
There are lots of forms of stevia available on the market but the easiest to bake with is available at all your local grocery stores, comes in a giant bag, has the texture of (but not terribly unnatural characteristics of) Splenda, and measures cup for cup when substituting white sugar! It is my favorite to bake with and is even available in a Great Value brand at Walmart!
3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until fully incorporated. You don’t have to worry about overmixing this healthy lactation cookie recipe.
4. Chop the unsweetened baker’s chocolate into small bits. You are welcome to substitute for sweetened or semi-sweetened baker’s chocolate or chips if you’d like. However I’ve been sure to include lots of more healthy sweetness in this recipe to keep it sugar free!
I do love adding the unsweetened chocolate in chunks much more than chocolate chips. It is just so delicious and satisfying this way!
5. Stir in the chocolate chunks! Now it’s really starting to look like a satisfying, sweet treat that you so deserve as a breastfeeding mom! Get ready to enjoy the most delicious and healthy milk boosting cookies around!
6. Add by rounded spoonful to a foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake 10-14 minutes at 350 degrees. You are looking for the cookies to just begin turning golden. This recipe yields 1 dozen cookies.
Enjoy these milk boosting cookies twice a day… if you can possibly resist having more!
Couple these cookies with a few other of my Secrets To Boosting Your Milk Supply with Natural Remedies and you’ll feel wonderful knowing that your milk supply is going through the roof and feel ready to nurture that little one.
If you are looking for any of the amazing ingredients in this healthy cookie here are some of the same ones I use:
Please let me know in the comments below what are your favorite ways to boost milk supply? What have you tried? What worked for you and what didn’t? Would you be interested in more delicious healthy recipes to keep that milk supply high while the baby weight melts away?