We started this blog just this summer and are 4 months in! This is the second bloggers award I’ve been ecstatic to receive! We were also nominated for the Bloggers Recognition Award a couple months ago. It’s a wonderful surprise to be nominated for these as a brand new blogger! The Liebster Award is a virtual award granted to influencers from their fellow bloggers. The award was created to recognize and discover new bloggers. I’ve been nominated twice while I’ve been putting together this post! Absolutely mind blowing right?
My first nomination came from the lovely Jessica Shields over at College Study Smarts who shares wonderful tips and strategies for adults who are both working AND going to school! Thanks you Jessica so much for nominating me! I really appreciate the recognition.
The Liebster Award Rules
If you have been nominated for the Liebster Award and have chosen to accept it, write a blog post about this award and:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to them on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer the questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide random facts about yourself.
- Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have heard of it!)
The Liebster Award: About Me
Part of being nominated is to answer 10 question provided by the person that nominated you. These questions are intended to show who is behind the blog.
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would live anywhere with my family. I would love to spend more time traveling with them. Making new beautiful places and experiences our home.
2. Looking back at your life, what’s your most happy memory?
I have so many. I am so blessed. But in my life only one thing has ever brought happy tears to my eyes. (I’m just not that girl.) It was seeing my husband walk again for the first time after suffering a stroke very young. Knowing that we would all be alright.
3. Who is your idol and why?
I don’t think I have an idol. I love being inspired by those who have overcome many hardships in life and have flourished despite them. There are so many wonderful and strong people to learn from.
4. Which quote/proverb describes you best?
I am a total sucker for quotes. I love quotes. (and yet there are so many I’m at a loss…) At this moment as I watch quotes scroll my TV as I do every night I’m choosing one from my daughters’ favorite gal right now:
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” -Helen Keller
5. Have you started your blog out of passion or professional reasons?
A mix of both. My real goal is professional but I am also seeking to find a way to share my passion for health and fitness as a profession through a blog.
6. Of all the people in the world, whom would you like to have dinner with and why?
I would have dinner with those I am blessed to share it with every day. My husband and my two daughters. No matter how chaotic it might be at times with two beautiful little girls! (Picnic in the living room anyone?)
7. What is the purpose behind your blog?
To share how to live a life of vigor in motherhood: health, fitness, fun, and happiness.
8. What is the biggest lesson you have learned blogging?
There is an endless list of to-do’s and setting goals and being realistic with them is priceless.
9. If you would get a writer’s block, what would you to for inspiration?
Create a new workout routine for myself and blog it out. I’m doing it anyways, I love it, and I’m happy to share it.
10. What’s your favorite animal and why?
I adore animals, and there are so many more than I even know! My favorite at the moment is whales and dolphins. Their size is so impressive and dwarfing. Their methods of communication is mesmerizing. There’s also a good chance this is partially fueled by the fact that my 2 year old has insisted in watching Finding Nemo every single day since she could speak.
Since I was nominated twice within the span of creating this post here are the OTHER 10 questions answered!
1. If you had one superpower, what would it be and why?
I’d be able to fly. It would be wonderful to travel and see the world and the wonderful differences in communities with a simple gift of flight.
2.What fictional character do you think would be your best friend if you were to ever meet?
I’d love to meet Anna from Frozen. Maybe because I have little girls, and maybe because it’s the Christmas season, and maybe because it was on TV tonight. But I’m sure with her quirky and lively personality we would have so much fun.
3. Would you rather explore outer space or the depths of the ocean?
I’d rather explore outer space. We know more about space than our own oceans. However I would be terrified to deep sea dive or go on a submarine because I’d feel an utter lack of control if things went wrong.
4. Why did you initially decide to start blogging?
I began blogging with a desire to create a passive income while sharing my true passion of health and fitness.
5. If you could relive one year of your life so far, which would it be?
Much of my life I am happy to have made it through and become wiser and stronger from it. But that being said, I’m happy to have made it through those times and wouldn’t love to relieve them! I’d be ecstatic to relive my 28th year. Though it recently past, the happiness and gratitude I felt each day would be happily revisited.
6. How many regular-sized marshmallows do you think you could fit in your mouth at once?
7. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
It’s a toss up between Halloween and Christmas. I love dressing up and creating a character. (Yes I was super into theater.) But I love the comfy, cozy, family times that Christmas brings as well.
8. Would you rather be famous yet poor or anonymous and rich?
I’d rather be anonymous and rich. I don’t need fame and recognition, but the comfort and ease money can bring would be nice.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
My children. They are perfect, smart, beautiful angels… even on their worst days.
10. If you could ask a psychic one question about your future (and it was guaranteed to be true), what, if anything, would you ask?
I don’t think I’d want to ask anything about it. I’m quite satisfied creating and realizing my future as it unfolds.
11. What do you like best about yourself?
I thought this was a 10 question survey?! I like my strength in creating my own happiness. Of being able to recognize no one can truly create my mindset except myself, and it is my responsibility to see the beauty even in the hard times. That’s a pretty powerful quality.
Here are 10 random facts about myself:
- My favorite place is the beach.
- I suffer from a fairly well managed chronic disease I’ve had over half my life.
- My family moved over 1000 miles for a nature adventure and to experience the seasons.
- I’m constantly staring at clouds. They mesmerize me.
- My positivity may be nauseating at times. There isn’t a temperature or sky condition that I don’t walk outside and state, “What a perfect day.” And then proceed to list all the reasons why.
- I JUST turned 30!
- I am super crafty and creative… but so far pretty much have a black thumb when it comes to gardening. (I’ll conquer that one day!)
- My favorite music types are rock n’ roll and reggae. (Guns n’ Roses, Bob Marley, and a little Sublime anyone?)
- I’m a super playful mom and kid at heart. I’m as happy to play in the rain, build a snowman, jump in leaves, dig in the sand, or have a dance party as my kids are.
- I am ridiculously frugal.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award
Winning an award is wonderfully honoring. It is equally as great to pass along the honor to your colleagues! These are 5 awesome brand new bloggers who deserve some recognition!
- Allie Flowers from Life of a Fit Momma. This gal is a physical therapist with a passion for fitness in motherhood. Her healthy lifestyle tips and exercise routines are awesome!
- Agatha and Christina from Habitual Mom . Two total mom bosses who formed a bond to bring us some fun down-to-earth mom tips!
- Tylynn from Bitter Root DIY. A crafty newlywed with a new found passion for creating, building, and DIY! She makes amazing pieces you should definitely check out!
- Rye from Rye Talks To The World. This guy has a passion for travel and a huge case of wanderlust. I find travel blogs so intriguing and he has a great start!
- Abby from Abby Savvy. This is a fun fashion and lifestyle blog created by a California native like myself who loves shopping and finding a good deal!
More information about the Liebster Award:
Here are your questions, nominees:
- What is your favorite place and why?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Where do you see your blogging journey at after 1 year of blogging?
- If you had an entire free day, what would you do?
- What song best represents your life right now?
- What is the biggest untruth people share about blogging?
- If you could travel to one place, where would it be?
- Why did you start a blog?
- What is your most popular post about?
- What is your favorite blogging resource?
Once Again Thank You!
I really appreciate the recognition as a new blogger for making my mark on the online community.