Are you looking for a delicious no bake energy bite? With 100% whole food, no sugar, no gluten, and loaded with superfoods I have your new favorite energy bite recipe. These dark chocolate chia energy balls are just what you need to get that rich chocolate fix absolutely guilt free.
Indulge your dark chocolate obsession.
When you eat a clean diet there is still a definite need to fill those fatty, sweet, chocolatey cravings! Having delicious recipes like this on hand will help guide you in learning food substitutions to lead the healthy lifestyle you strive for!
I’ve developed a bit of a dark chocolate obsession and I have a few recipes that I’ve created all involving cocoa powder to get me my fix. My latest creation I’m gladly sharing with you today to satisfy your own chocolate cravings!
What is an energy bite?
Energy bites or energy balls are typically a no bake creation based around oats. Oats do not contain gluten but are often processed in factories that do so if you are sensitive you can easily find gluten free oats to complete this recipe with.
You mix all the tasty ingredients together and form perfect little balls (or logs work great also) for a tasty snack or meal.
What superfoods are in these?
Superfoods are all natural foods that we have learned hold a ton of health benefits.
- removes free radicals
- improves heart health
- good for your cholesterol
- great source of omega-3 fatty acids
- wonderful protein source
- increases good cholesterol while lowering bad
- good for your brain function
- prevents heart disease
- contains 3 unique HEALTHY FATS
- promote heart health
- reduce blood pressure
- great source of fiber
- loaded with antioxidants
- anti inflammatory
- combats numerous illnesses
No Bake Dark Chocolate Chia Energy Bites
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup unrefined virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 dates
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Soften (but ideally do not melt fully… it’ll work ok still if you do, the energy balls will just be sticky until they firm up in the fridge.) the coconut oil. It’s best to do this over the stove but if you’re in a rush the microwave will work as well. I do try to avoid using the microwave to heat the foods I’ve paid more for the know they are unrefined at fear of just breaking down the healthy properties of them utilizing a faster heat source.
2. Mince the dates.
3. Next add oats, cocoa powder, molasses, coconut oil, peanut butter, cinnamon, and dates to a bowl and mix well until everything in fully incorporated. It’s truly that easy! Just throw everything into one bowl and mix well.
4. Place the chia seeds into a small bowl.
5. Form small bite sized balls by rolling them in your hand. Press the ingredients together tightly or they will fall apart.
6. Set the energy ball into the chia seeds and roll them around. Shake the balls around in the bowl until fully covered or feel free to roll them around by hand. You will get a bit messy with your delicious creation.
7. Place the dark chocolate energy bites on a plate or in a Tupperware and place into the fridge.
Allow to harden in the fridge for 20 minutes and store in an airtight container. To help your delicious chocolatey superfood maintain it’s shape continue to store in the fridge.
These dark chocolate chia energy bites are beyond easy to make! PLUS they are unbelievably great for you! You can definitely justify eating them every single day.
They turn out firm, chocolatey, slightly sweet, and completely indulgent tasting! It’s a wonderful replacement for a candy bar with the hard texture that the cooled coconut oil give them.
Is this recipe right up your alley? Would you be interested in more completely healthy chocolatey fixes? Let me know what you think and how they turn out for you in the comments below